Saturday, 10/25/14 & Sunday 10/26/14
An Introduction to Hormone Balancing and the Mind/Body Connection
Listen to the KBOO Podcast with Dr. Mica and Dr. Josie talking about this upcoming workshop: Podcast Link
Join Portland based Naturopathic Doctors Mica & Josie for a 2-day introduction to hormone balancing and mind/body connection.
Schedule of Events: Saturday, 7:00-9:30pm and Sunday, 11:00am-5:00pm.
Essential Oil Tea Party
Lavish in the luxurious aromas and tastes of teas made with essential oils. And learn how to make these teas to help with hormone balance and mental/emotional well being.
Living Grace Meditation w/ Dr. Mica Carew
Learn a guided meditation to help still the mind and create peace and ease to support the nervous system. This brings the hormone levels back into homeostatic balance.
Essential Oils & the Mind/Body Connection w/ Dr. Josie Schmidt
Learn easy and effective ways to take charge of your hormone health and well being through essential oil protocols.
Women's Qi Gong for Hormone Balance
Qi Gong is a physical and psychological antidote to the difficulties of daily life. It consists of gentle movements that can be done sitting or standing.
Ask the Doctors Q&A w/ Dr. Mica & Dr. Josie
Closing Circle and What's Next:
Sacred Feminine Health and Well being Retreat, 11/15
Learn how to pamper yourself with practical application techniques: Lymph Massage, Sitz Bath, Belly and Abdominal Massage and Intro to Plant Spirit Medicine.
$75, Register Online or Call 503-440-1649. Space is limited.
Dr. Mica Carew ND, LAc
A licensed naturopath and acupuncturist since 2000, Mica's practice weaves together her traditional Native American upbringing with her formal training in Chinese medicine. She has created a meditation called the Living Grace Meditation that reflects the same alchemy of ancient traditions that she utilized in her practice.
Dr. Josie Schmidt, ND
A Naturopathic Physician in Portland, Josie graduated from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine and has been in practice since 2002. She has specialties in Herbal Medicine, Homeopathy, Nutrition and Detoxification. Mot recently, she has traveled extensively teaching her passion of Daily Wellness utilizing our most potent plant medicine: Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils.
Cannon Beach has so much to offer the visitor who is looking for a wellness getaway: clean, fresh air; a glorious beach and forest; delicious & healthy meal options; lovely spas and an assortment of body work professionals (acupuncture, cranial sacral, massage, etc.); unique shops and galleries; and a variety of lodging options to meet every pocketbook - from ocean front to cabins and camping in the woods.
All of the details are being compiled ASAP, but here is what I know right now:
- The festival is called: Cannon Beach Yoga Festival
- It will happen the last weekend of February: 2/26 & 2/27, with a welcome and registration the Friday night before.
- There are three amazing teachers coming to teach 4 sessions each. Take the opportunity to practice with each teacher, by choosing from any of the 12 sessions offered. Or feel free to book all the sessions with one teacher.
- The cost will be: $325 or $295 early bird, before January 8. And will include morning meditation, 10 hours of teaching and Community Kirtan.
- The web site is coming soon, here is the link: Cannon Beach Yoga Festival
- The teachers are: Alan Finger; Julie Gudmestad; and Tiffany Cruikshank. View their web sites by clicking on their names.
- There will be a Community Kirtan Event on Saturday evening.
- The Cannon Beach community is planning special offers and events to welcome the yoga practitioners and help make their stay inviting and memorable.
Photo 1: Alan Finger & Sarah Platt-Finger
Photo 2: Julie Gudmestad
Photo 3: Tiffany Cruikshank
Photo 1: Lolly Allsop & Mary Kadderly
Photo 2: Ann-Marie Radich & Ann Radich
Photo 3: Ann Radich & Gigi Selberg
Photo 4: Gigi Selberg & Libby Pattison
Photo 5: Ann-Marie Radich
All photos taken at Lush Wine Bar